Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 Trip Giveaway Contest Rules
Alamo IMAX Theatre, KXXM-FM and Newport Television LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the "Sponsors"), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation. Fill out an online registration form at imax-sa.com. Winner will be randomly selected at approximately 5:30pm CST on November 18, 2010. Every effort will be made to verify winner. If winner is not verified and prize goes unclaimed after 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected, the same contest rules will apply.
2. Prize(s). Winner will be awarded a single room, 4-person occupancy hotel accommodations for three nights at Orlando Area hotel accomodations and will also win roundtrip flight accommodations for (4) from San Antonio International Airport to Orlando, Florida on a carrier to be determined. The winner will also be awarded (4) two-day tickets to Universal’s Islands of Adventure®. Park tickets must be used on two consecutive days.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old and reside in the state of Texas as determined by the Sponsors. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Sponsors reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only three (3) entries per household. Employees of the Sponsors, the Contest's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsors exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Sponsors may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsors, their employees and agents, the Contest's sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsors.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
Each winner must provide the Sponsors with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsors will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Sponsors believe has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsors' decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deem appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. The Sponsors may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
8. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsors’ release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Sponsors may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Sponsors disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Sponsors and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Sponsors during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Alamo IMAX Contesting, 849 E. Commerce, Ste. 285, San Antonio, TX 78205.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsors shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.